Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

My favorite part of today (FPoT)

Some days I get a little time on pinterest.  When I do I am often looking for recipes or new play ideas for the boys.  Every now and then, though, I'll check out a pin that's just for me.  Not long ago I came across a pin from this blog. I know nothing about Rachel Martin, but her blog inspires me and often makes me cry.  I don't get to read it every day, but if I do get to read it, it is often just before I get the boys from their naps.  I find reading her words then helps me put what I have often called the "bewitching" hours that are left in my boys' day in a more positive perspective.  Sometime in the last week I read a post of hers that encouraged me to look for something in my every day stuff with the boys to love.  I have done this before and know what a positive effect it has on all of us.  Still, I usually forget about that technique when I need it most.  At the same time, my baby, whom I fully expect to be my last baby, is turning one in one month.  At this point with LO I pledged to write daily about our last days of his infancy.  Even then that meant a major sacrifice of the time I usually share with DH.  He never said a word about it, but I know we were both glad for a little blogging break after that.  At this point in our lives, I'm not sure I can ask my three guys to give up that kind of time every day for the next month.  So I've decided to combine these two ideas.  For every day of NB's last month, I plan to post something about my favorite part of that day.  My hope is that most of those will involve NB in some way, so that I am soaking up all the juicy little baby-ness I can.  I might not write a lot.  My posts may not be profound.  They might not be on time. They might even be redundant.  I'm ok with that.  I hope everyone else is.

So, without further ado, my favorite part of today was...

First thing this morning.  The boys slept in a little due to the time change.  I planned to wake them at 7 to help them adjust, but just didn't make it upstairs until almost 7:30.  When I walked into NB's room he was still asleep.  That rarely happens.  I took a moment just to watch him sleep.  Finally I sang "Good Morning to You" and rubbed his back to wake him. So sweet were those moments that they carried me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.