Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

FPoT Day 18

DH and I got to surprise this little man at school today for his Easter party and egg hunt.  I missed the lunch/party part.  DH says I don't want to know what lunch was. I saw leftover chicken nuggets, grapes and oranges, and three kinds of dessert.  
This must have been LO's second (dessert) plate .  He has all three desserts there.  He was polishing off the cupcake when I arrived.  I'm pretty sure it had a marshmallow Peep on it once upon a time.

He's probably still chewing cupcake in this picture as he has story time.
After lunch and stories, the class headed outside to hunt for eggs.  I got to help the Easter Bunny hide this year, so that was fun.
Here he is in the striped sweater grabbing his first egg.

He is serious about egg hunting, and is super observant. He found eggs that other kids ran right by.
He was so sad when the eggs were gone.  He asked me to have the Easter Bunny hide some more.  It was hard to explain that he had to wait a few more days.  DH and I were able to stay and play with him  after the hunt.  It was so fun to see him play with the other kids.  He ran a fair amount and rolled in some leaves.  He started a game of hide and seek that several other kids joined.  They all hid behind a bench together.  It was really cute.


LO dismissed me after a little while.  He knew I had to get back to work.  He asked me to "come home later, so (I) can make dinner, ok?", then reassured me that Da could push him on the swing after I left.  It was a sweet treat to join him today.  There are few things I love more than watching him enjoy himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.