Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

FPoT Day 20

Today was a hectic day. I started an hour behind schedule and could not catch up. I struggled to adapt our schedule, but tried to be more flexible than usual.  Aunt Cat was here visiting and the recent winter-like weather had given way to spring temperatures again.  I really wanted to get the boys to the park.  We hardly had time to play before we needed to return home for naps.  In an effort to give LO a little more time, I headed to the car with NB and left Aunt Cat and LO behind with the understanding that they'd come in a minute or two.  As I turned to head to the car with NB in my arms, I saw my sister and my big boy together.  Aunt Cat had knelt to show LO a dandelion, his first this year.  She seemed to be reminding him to blow the seeds into the wind, then handed him the flower.  It was a split second that I glanced and saw this.  In that second my heart was both sad and so grateful.  I wished I was the one taking the time to blow dandelions with him, and I was so glad for him that he has my sister to enjoy such things when I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.