Honestly, my very favorite part of today was the moment the handyman left, and the boys were actually asleep. My house was peaceful for the first time in weeks. It was a very beautiful thing. My favorite moments with my boys though, which is what FPoT is all about to me, were a few alone moments I stole with each of them today.
We woke this morning to a very tired and frazzled NB. We was so very ready for a morning nap at about 8:45 this morning, but it was school day for LO, so we had to hop in the car instead. It was nearly 10 am when I finally laid him down. He fell asleep in may arms, his sweet little head heavy on my right shoulder, right thumb in his mouth, and baby face turned in the sunlight toward me. I know I've said it before, but it was very hard to lay him down. I kissed his soft cheeks, hummed a song or three, prayed for him, and remembered his newborn days when he held him like that for hours. Finally, and oh so reluctantly, I put him in his crib.
LO and I stole a few minutes before nap time today. He was sent home sick from school with an upset tummy, and our handyman was still installing doors to our laundry closet. He said we was scared of the drill (likely a ploy as he has never been afraid of tools), and I decided we'd just watch Mr David for a while rather than have him (maybe) feel anxious and (certainly) not sleep instead. The deal was, though, that he had to sit still with me and just watch. We snuggled for a bit in our bedroom doorway watching and chatting about the work in front of us for about 30 minutes. When the clock chimed three, LO marched right upstairs for nap without complaint. Mr David marched right out about 15 minutes later and before long the house was quiet!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.