DH and I finally got a chance to take NB to the pool for the first time today. This time last year, I spent every possible moment I could in this pool. It felt wonderful! It was so nice to be back there again with that baby in my arms instead of my belly. It took him a few minutes to warm up to the idea. He wasn't fearful, just spent a bit taking it all in. There was a four year old boy there with his Dad and NB really enjoyed watching them too. Pretty soon he was splashing around and playing with the mini fountain in the pool floor. DH and I helped him slide down the kid's water slide, too. I'm not sure if it was the slide or DH lifting him up to me at the end, but he gave us big smiles after the first couple of times. After sliding, it was time to head to the deeper water. DH and I were chilly in the shallow end! We took several laps around the lazy river, helped NB "walk" on a ledge in the deep water, spun him around and bounced him. All-in-all we were there about 45 minutes and he seemed to enjoy every one of them. It was such a treat for DH and me to get some alone time with just NB. I'm not sure that has happened since he was a newborn. I hope we'll find a way to let him have a turn with us more often.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
FPoT Day 16
DH and I finally got a chance to take NB to the pool for the first time today. This time last year, I spent every possible moment I could in this pool. It felt wonderful! It was so nice to be back there again with that baby in my arms instead of my belly. It took him a few minutes to warm up to the idea. He wasn't fearful, just spent a bit taking it all in. There was a four year old boy there with his Dad and NB really enjoyed watching them too. Pretty soon he was splashing around and playing with the mini fountain in the pool floor. DH and I helped him slide down the kid's water slide, too. I'm not sure if it was the slide or DH lifting him up to me at the end, but he gave us big smiles after the first couple of times. After sliding, it was time to head to the deeper water. DH and I were chilly in the shallow end! We took several laps around the lazy river, helped NB "walk" on a ledge in the deep water, spun him around and bounced him. All-in-all we were there about 45 minutes and he seemed to enjoy every one of them. It was such a treat for DH and me to get some alone time with just NB. I'm not sure that has happened since he was a newborn. I hope we'll find a way to let him have a turn with us more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Darling boy! Wonderful parents and parenting!
ReplyDelete