More workers at the house today, so kind Nanny K picked up NB and took him to sleep at the house of another family she helps. NB did not get the memo that he was supposed to nap there. Sorry Nanny K! While they were gone, I thought I'd take advantage of my alone time with LO to do some things that are harder to do when NB naps here. I honestly think I was more excited about fort building than LO was. Thanks to clothespins from Grams, this was our biggest fort ever! LO helped by bringing the chairs in from the dining room and providing moral support.


After the fort was built and I had taken pictures, LO asked if he could take some. I wasn't sure how it would go, but let him try. The back of our camera has a touch screen menu, so all sorts of settings were inadvertently changed as he handled it. It was also all I could do to keep from moving his fingers in front of the lens, but I really wanted to let him be in charge. We even accidentally got a few movie clips. There are some of my favorites, followed by some of LO's favorites.
 |
| Once he got the idea of how to hold the camera to shoot a particular subject, his garbage truck was his first choice. |
 |
| Here he wanted to take pictures of the guys in our house. |
 |
| I love how he chose different perspectives. Through the chair above, and standing on a box to capture our fort. |
 |
| Some of these were intentional self-portraits, others not. I'm not sure if it was camera settings or just the angle that made the special effects. I know he had it on macro for some of the time. |
It has taken a long time for me to be flexible with LO when we do projects together that I have planned ahead of time. I am such a rule follower that it disappoints me a little if he doesn't like what I have planned. I have been good about letting him do things differently, but it still bothered me. The last two days, though, I have really enjoyed his different ideas. I'm also pleased to report that our camera survived the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.