Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

FPoT Day 10

Today was a busy day.  DH worked his 10th twelve hour shift in a row and will be off for a few days. (YEAH!)  After nearly three weeks of house repairs, we are approaching a break for a few days as our handyman is out of town.  One day soon I think I'll do a little stream of consciousness post about everything that has gone on behind the FPoT scenes.  For now, I'll just say several days it has seemed really funny to sit down and gush about how wonderful part of my day was.  As the same time, focusing on those wonderful moments has been a saving grace.

 For today though, I have to take a quick moment to say how amazing my hubby was, is, and has been.  I know that's not what my goal is for FPoTs, but as he entered the home stretch for these ten days (the last three of which have been particularly grueling at work AND home), he made his last morning way more complicated than necessary.  He went to work at 7:20 (late, so he could help me get the boys up), hurried through whatever he could, then left two hours later so he could be home while NB slept and I could take LO to Kindermusik.  We hurried home and he had packed everyone's bag so we could leave again immediately because we had to be out of the house for another reason.  He rushed back to work the rest of his day, then hurried home in time for the chaos that is our dinner, bath, and bedtime.  I know Superman is just a movie, but if he walked the earth, he would look like DH to me.

So the favorite part of my day today was not Kindermusik, although I thought it might be because we always have a great time.  We also got to return our caterpillar today that we had watch over the previous week and will hopefully see as a butterfly next week. (To be released on Easter)  Our day got even more fun after we picked up NB and headed to our local gym.  The boys and I had a picnic lunch there, then enjoyed their "open gym" time.  We ran into a few other toddlers and LO had a blast running around with them and chasing basketballs.  He and I wheelbarreled as a team and I helped him have a walking handstand and front roll.  He climbed a little on the wall without my help (first time ever!), and was really patient when the other toddlers stole his toys.  NB crawled and crawled and just enjoyed the wide open gym space. His toys kept getting stolen too, but he was fascinated by the other kids.   He especially loved watching the little girl play with the ball.  Later some older teens came in to shoot baskets and he was mesmerized.  This was both the most little people company he's ever had and the most sports activity he's seen.  He loved both.  We all three had a great time and came home ready to nap!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...even Superman love adoration; bet that make it all worthwhile!!!

    Local gym time sounds like a blast; I remember how Aunt Liz was from the very beginning fascinated with any kind of ball game. Though she's about to graduate college she has been a top shelf athlete all the way. I wonder whether NB will have special zeal for ball games as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.