I am really loving this challenge so far. We have had a lot of commotion in our house lately. A number of things have been going on with the house and DH and I have been juggling estimates and work crews aplenty. The boys have napped poorly because there have been far more interesting things to do than sleep. In the midst of all of that, I have found myself focusing on the little joys throughout my day, weighing one against the other to choose a favorite. I think it has been good for all of us.
My favorite part of today happened at dinner. LO was telling me for the umpteenth time that he was sad that it would be light at bedtime. In a slightly inspired moment, told him that has his one sad thing, that he now had to tell me his happy thing. He said he was happy about dessert. Then I asked DH. His sad thing was going to work; his happy thing was loving his family. I then answered for NB and for myself. LO really got into this and he emceed at least two more rounds. We actually had meaningful dinner conversation! After dinner, NB got in on the action. We somehow started a little game with the cloth I used to wipe his face. He threatened to drop it and laughed when I quickly tried to grab it. Then he tried to grab it from me. Not to be left out, LO started laughing at the faces I was making and we had a three-way little laugh fest.
That was some high quality family time! I imagine it will lead to some more such sharing; a very nice thought!
ReplyDelete