***************
Later in the day, NB, who was having a very rough time of it, paused in his crying to pull up on my legs. I looked down as I was washing my hands to find his little face peering between my legs and smiling up at me. I was so grateful for that little ray of sunshine in an otherwise stormy day.
***************
I did dinner for the boys solo last night as DH was not home yet from work. NB was still having a rough day, and needing a diaper change was not helping. LO, for his part, was doing well after his nap, but was seeing how many tiny bites he could get out of his dessert "cookie." It was kind of like asking how many licks until you get to the center of a tootsie roll pop only he never took the big bite at the end. I tried to be patient, but finally had to break the news to him that his brother needed a diaper change and he would have to finish his cookie on his own. He volunteered to stop eating it, go upstairs for the diaper change (I don't know why!) and then resume cookie eating after that. As I walked up the stairs, he ended up being on his last bite. He then did the most amazingly, wonderful, thing...he took his dishes to the sink without being told! I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing for a moment before we carried on with our night!
Ohhh! How sweet and thoughtful, alright LO!
ReplyDeleteLove, toona
Brings to mind an old Alabama (the band;not the state) song "I believe there are angels among us; sent down to us from somewhere up above...".
ReplyDeleteThat "why" question so often yields a memorable reply from LO...lots of good thinking going on in that head; he's not just another handsome face!
Love,
DB