Apparently the 'guest post' was somewhat of a hit so I asked DH to write another one. Actually, DH spent the ENTIRE day wrangling the boys while I was at work, so I asked him to do another one....
Once again, too many favorites to just have one.
Well fans, this day was not as entertaining as the other day with poops galore, vomiting, crying, pee, etc., and frankly, I was okay with that. It had been awhile since I had both boys...on my own....all day. So needless to say I was a little nervous. As a full-time worker it is easy for me to take things at home for granted. I do, however, try to pull my weight around here in the Land of Nages. So let's rewind to the start of the day. It began with umm, some whining. Hooray! Can't have a day without that. LO was cranky before breakfast. Definitely not a FPoT. LO has been taking his time eating these days. On one hand I am grateful that he is not shoveling in food as fast as he used to do. On the other hand, part of me thinks he is being manipulative because he knows he has my attention (not always undivided).
So today he was somewhat slow. DW was in a hurry to get to work and suggested that I give NB a bath. There is only one response to that folks and that is "Yes, Ma'am." So I rushed upstairs and gave NB a bath. FPoT #1. He loves to play in the bath tub. Then our dependable handyman came to fix NB's door. While he was taking the door down, NB was on the changing pad and was quiet and still. NO WRESTLEMANIA! That was another FPoT (#2). I told our handyman that he needs to come for every diaper change and bath time in order to keep our soon-to-be-1-year-old red head calm. While that was going on, DW was on the phone with our accountant.
Let's take a pause from FPoT for a minute and rewind even further. For several weeks, DW and I have been dreading the accountant's phone call. We are not business savvy. We are not money savvy other than saving. That is why we hire someone to do it for us. We expected to pay a lot, I mean A LOT of money this year for taxes. To my surprise, we actually broke even. Now that is definitely an FPoT (#3).
Ok, now back to the rest of the post. DW left and now the house was all mine with two boys. To my surprise, LO and NB played so well and so independently. That gave me a chance to empty dishwasher, wash/fold cloth diapers, clean up the kitchen, and make lunches. I loved seeing my boys play independently (FPoT #4). After that, I got NB down for a nap and then it was just me and one boy. "I can do this," I though. I had fun playing Zingo, tractors, and basketball in the sunroom with LO (FPoT #5). Finally it was lunch time. I made LO a big lunch because I thought his belly could handle it now. He loved it. Then I went outside for a walk with my boys in the 70 degree weather. Off we went to 'Ginger's house.'(Ginger is a cat LO adores just a few houses down.) No Ginger, but Roy and Moo Moo were there. We kept walking and out of nowhere I hear, "Da, can I have a hand?" That melted my heart, to which I replied, "You can always have my hand, Buddy." (FPoT#6) I know one day my son will not want me to walk even three steps in front of him, let alone hand-in-hand. So I enjoyed it while it lasted. By 2:00pm all three guys were tired and ready to be put down. Ahh, a break (FPoT #7). After nap, LO was back to his crankiness. NB not so much. That kid was so hyper today; I think he knows it's his birthday soon. He has become way more vocal in the past few weeks. After LO calmed down from pitching 30 minutes of fits, he sat quietly on my lap in the sunroom as we both just watched NB play (FPoT #8). Then I looked out the sunroom windows and saw our grey SUV drive by. Yeah, reinforcements. DW just arrived. (FPoT#9).
Now it is time to chill and watch Argo. 'Til next time folks.
Very well written. Thanks for sharing DH
ReplyDelete(aka Da).
Love, toona
Roy? Ginger? Well, I know Moo Moo of course, but somehow I missed the other cool cats in the hood
ReplyDeleteI guess it may be an occupational trait, but you and DW definitely share it with Lah-oo's family. What? Frequent and amused references to bodily functions. It's kind of a running (really, no pun intended) joke in Lah-oo's family that when they get together the conversation always turns in that direction. Yeah, you guys fit right in!
Nice post. I must be the only person in the USA who has yet to see Argo!
Love,
DB