A quick one tonight, because my sister harassed me about them being late! My favorite part of today was seeing DH, NB and LO's faces squished together giving good night kisses.
I also loved overhearing DH reading Caillou to LO in the bathtub. I bought the Caillou bathtub book when LO was a baby. It's in French. DH made fun of me for it. Reading it used to settle LO down when he was wired or too tired after bath. DH pretends he is "le poisson" (the fish) and talks to LO about the "evil le chat" (cat). It used to be part of LO's bedtime routine for many months. It has easily been over a year since DH read it to him. It was so much fun to hear him break it out again tonight. Another example of my dear husband being an awesome Dad. I love that he and the boys have such special things together.
Hey now, I said that it was a perfectly valid excuse that you were late if you were chatting with me! Talking with you was MY FPoY anyway :)
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Aunt Liz would enjoy this post on several levels! Hope she reads it what with graduation approaching and all that goes along with that transition being close at hand...
ReplyDeleteLove,
DB