Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

FPoT Day 27

My FPoT was DH agreeing to write a "guest post."  I thought it would be three sentences.  Apparently he liked today more than I realized!  Without further ado...



Not a typical FPoT. This is DH writing. I have too many FPoT as it is hard for me to choose just one.

Not sure where to begin this post. I know, how about this morning? After the usual getting breakfast ready for everyone, I hear "Hon, can you just get the boys?" Some how DW subconsciously knows that there is disaster waiting for me upstairs. As I climb my way up the stairs I hear the typical, "Da! How are you?!?!" Then I reply, "Good morning, buddy." As I am walking into his room my eyes widen and the first thing I see is a stream of pee on the carpet. My first thought was "Really?" Apparently LO was trying to move his potty away from his books so he could read, or at least that is what he told me. Clean up pee, check. Otherwise, the morning went pretty well.

Plan A...go to the pool. Got to the pool and the pool was closed! Apparently accident x 2 happened in the pool yesterday. I will leave the details up to your imagination. So the pool was being cleaned. Plan B....play in the open gym. That actually went pretty well  until 10:30 when both Lo and I were getting bored. We made a break for CVS to pick up some eye drops for NB. The pharmacist said it would be a few minutes to run our insurance card, fill the prescription, so "have a seat" she said. Well okay. "Buddy come sit next to Da," I said. LO obeyed and said "I love you." That totally melted my heart. Definitely FPoT worthy.

While we were waiting, I called DW and offered to go grocery shopping.   She said "how about we swap and I will take LO to the grocery while you stay here and relax." Don't have to ask me twice. FPoT #2.

DW comes home after having a decent shopping experience with LO. She suggests we go to the playground and have a picnic. It was gorgeous day so I rolled with it. We packed up the boys, packed up lunch, unpacked groceries, everyone goes to the bathroom, car packed, then off we rolled. It was 1:00 PM and we were 1 hour behind schedule for lunch. LO saw the new-old playground and was uber excited. FPoT #3. I love seeing him get excited.

We had a fabulous lunch prepared by Publix grocery store and off the kids went to play, well except NB because he had to be held the whole time since I forgot to pack his shoes ( Not Father of Year contender).
NB sans shoes; they got left at home.

NB sans hat; it went out the hole.

 We had so much fun at the playground, that we pushed nap later. We rushed home, LO had an enormous poop (#2) before nap. Cleaned up poop, check. Both boys down for a nap while DW off to the mall on a shopping spree for a professional photography worthy outfit. I got to relax while the boys napped, definitely another FPoT (#4).

It was 4:00pm and I heard LO through the monitor say, "Da, are you going to come clean me up?" I thought, did he just poop again, couldn't be? I watched and he didn't seem like he had another poop, so off my eyes closed. 15 minutes later NB got up. Relaxation gave way to chaos. I walked in to LO's room and he was sitting in the corner with his pants and undies off. Hmm, I thought. I looked into the potty and low and behold poop #3. Okay, poop cleaned, check. (super excited that it was all in the potty) Off to pick up NB on the way downstairs for snack. It was wrestle mania on the changing pad. NB changed, check. Off to feed both boys. LO had his requested peeled orange with craisins, while NB had oatmeal cereal with crushed bananas. I thought the bananas might put me in contention for Father of the Year for being somewhat creative. Snack went well, until.......HACK!!! I looked over my shoulder while I was cleaning up NB and there LO stood throwing up his snack. My first thought was, "Really?" I looked down on the floor and saw crushed orange slices and what could have been spinach-arthichoke dip (event though he didn't eat that today). It was definitely legit. LO was screaming at the top of his lungs, freaking out, vomit on his feet, shaking legs. I think this goes down as his first vomit (will confirm with DW). Got vomit cleaned, check. Off to walk outside. DW called to check in and at that point everything was fine. While walking, LO randomly told me that he loves me. Definitely FPoT #5.

Headed back home for dinner. Then poop #4, #5, #6 within 20 minutes. My hands were getting raw from cleaning up so many times. We ate dinner and LO had been given crackers. Of course, he wanted to eat what I was eating. He finished most of his bowl of crackers and of course, wanted to eat dessert. No dessert for you buddy. Get ready for bath.  Poop #7. My first thought, "Really?" Clean up more poop. About to bathe LO, then DW handed me a poopy diaper from NB. Poop cleaned up, check. LO bathed and put down. What a day. Where does it end? With me writing this long post and watching my beautiful DW try on multiple outfits that look great on her!

7 comments:

  1. Having just edited and published this guest post from DH, I can honestly say I have never, ever, laughed this much at one of my own posts. Of course his is a contender for Father of the Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor LO, I hope he is feeling better! As for your poopy day, what a wonderful Da to help keep it all together and clean. Along with the many other wonderful things he does, I whole heartedly submit my vote for DH as Father of the Year :)
    Aunt Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Da! Yep, you won my vote for Father of the Year. You also get bonus points for the blog entry. It was super! What a lucky family you have....to have you! :) We love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you won my vote for Father of the year! And you get bonus points for the blog entry. It was super. Thanks! What a lucky family you have....to have you! Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! What a day DH had to clean up all the poops! I guess it comes with the territory.

    I was laughing so loud that my husband who is engrossed with completing the IRS Tax forms asked "What is going on?" I am sure that DH appreciates DW more each day!

    Love, toona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recalling a daytime TV show title from the '50s, of course you can't be Queen for a Day (we're happy about that on several levels!), but perhaps a fitting pseudonym for DH might have been "Mr. Clean for a Day". You set the bar high DH!

    Love,
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos in the "blue tube"!

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.