Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

5

You have no idea how much I wanted to post that I am in labor!  Ultimately, I was afraid the joke would be on me.  So, no April Fool's here, but very likely, no April Fool's day baby either, and I think that's a fair trade.  Today DH had an unexpected shift at work which coincided with the first of three days during which I hope to do as little as possible so as to encourage Newbie to stay put.  I realize I have no real control over that, but my OB encouraged me to "be good" while she is out of town, and I intend to do my best.  That plan was only made a little more challenging by DH being gone for half the day and LO not being on board with our goal to keep me out of active labor.  Fortunately, LO was a pretty good sport about me being a pretty lame mom all morning.  He climbed, tumbled, and jumped all over and around me, but didn't give me too hard of a time about my lack of participation.  I indulged him in a little dancing or tickling him here and there and promised him DH would run, walk, pick him up, and do everything else fun with him as soon as he got home.  DH did his best to get home early and many thanks to both him and his co-worker for making that happen.  Only 59 more hours to stay out of active labor, but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.