Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I hadn't planned much of an Easter Sunday this year.  I tried to help LO do a few Easter-y things, but truly expected to be tending to a newborn today.  I had a couple of things for an Easter basket, but no meal planned, no special clothing, no major family plans.  I awoke this morning after a good night's rest and realized I was unprepared for the day.  After a brief conversation with DH on the subject, I realized I was really the only person with expectations for the day, and I could let them go.  So, we had a pretty relaxed day.  True to holiday form, LO had a 30 minute nap at best and was cranky afterwards.  A little egg hunt and special snack outside were probably the best way to tackle that.  It was sweet to see LO get genuinely excited to find and rush to eggs, and it was a joy to spend the day together.  I believe LO's favorite part of the afternoon was the goldfish in his Easter basket (which he consumed in their entirety). You can see him snacking on them through most of the pics.  

I can't believe I get to eat goldfish!  I thought this kind of contraband was only found at school.


First egg found, Mama, it's wet!



oooh, I see eggs over there too!



action shot of the last egg found, and knocked from the tree
Whatever the feel of your Easter, we hope you found it full of joy, peace, and gratefulness for the season.

2 comments:

  1. We're glad you all were able to enjoy a relaxed Easter together. I see LO was tastefully dressed for the occasion. Where does he get get his fashion sense anyway? LO's always "stylin' "; hat's off to his "butler".

    Our college girl came home for Easter.

    We went to communion service at church on Thursday evening.

    On Saturday we all took a "Beginning Shotgun" course at a local range that included an hour of trap shooting. The day was beautiful, we got to make noise, break things (flying clay targets), and enjoy a family outing. All of us enjoyed the occasion immensely.

    Easter we worshiped Him and celebrated His victory over death. Church was followed by a three small family dinner with friends from church. College girl and I participated with our host in three games of cutthroat pool on our host's pool table (in the man cave).

    I'm taking today off because I can and because college girl does not return to college until tomorrow.

    We continue to keep you all in prayer as we wait with you for the arrival of LO's lil' bro.

    Love to All,
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, though I don't often get the chance, when I do it is always rewarding for me to visit some of the blogs you enjoy...the authors are quite the collection of remarkable people...you guys fit in very nicely!

    Love,
    DB

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.