Yesterday and today were all about trying to lift, squat, and move as little as possible for me, which means they were all about doing more, more, and more for DH and being extra patient for LO. Only one of us is any good at the job they've had the last 2 days. It certainly isn't me or LO! All-in-all, yesterday ended up being busier than we had planned and a little more stressful than we would have liked. We all survived though.
Today we tried to work in a little more fun and started the morning with LO's first experience dying eggs. He kept saying he didn't want to (toddler for "I object if it wasn't my idea!") but seemed to have fun. I have been so excited for LO to be old enough and interested in little projects like this, and he is just starting to get there. I try not to make them too much about learning and more about fun. In the end, I usually learn more as I have to be flexible and let him take the lead a lot even if things aren't going like they're "supposed to." Egg dying was no different. Most of the eggs in our house right now are brown or green and from a local farm, so they were not fit for dying. DH bought the organic eggs I requested, but could only find them in brown too. So we had a lot of eggs, but, ultimately, I had to make a special trip to the store to find six white ones that would take dye. I think six ended up being just the right amount. We encouraged LO to color on them, but the crayon ended up being pretty useless. He did use the wire ladle a little, but mostly he used his hands and got a kick out of dropping the eggs repeatedly and watching them splash dye. He was wearing one of my old work-out shirts, so the mess wasn't a big deal. I think the only thing he learned was that dying eggs and making a mess is fun. That's all ok with me. I'm just glad we got a chance to do some before Newbie arrives. I think he'll get a kick out of hunting them sometime in the next week if we can, and I know he'll enjoy eating them.
DH and LO finished the morning with some time at the playground while I went for a polish change on that pedi from 2 days ago (which still doesn't look right...the most troublesome pedi ever!). After nap LO and I ate his favorite snack of Cheerios and raisins in his favorite snack spot, the front porch. Then he and DH had an afternoon walk and visited neighbors while I assembled dinner. DH and I felt pretty funky this morning from having had little sleep overnight. LO seemed pretty sleepy as well. I think we all managed to make it a pretty good day in spite of that. At this point we have 11 hours until I can officially be delivered by my OB again. We aren't officially in the clear, but it's seeming pretty good. I am pretty excited about that! My next appointment is tomorrow afternoon and we'll keep everyone posted.









LO, You did a good Job coloring easter
ReplyDeleteeggs. Happy Easter. Love, toona