We made it to April 4th! Here were the highlights of my day, two days before Newbie is due:
1)When you need a play shirt for later, but are heading to the pool first and it has been raining, you might end up with a toddler dressing himself like this:
How can you argue with that fashion sense?
2) Two and a half buoyant hours in the pool. When I went into the locker room one woman asked me when I am due and told me "you're so cute!" and another said "you don't even look pregnant in the pool!" I guess the pool is magical that way. On the way out we ran into some people DH knows from work. The woman asked "when are you due?" I replied, "two days." To which she said "get out!" Yes, I told her, we're hoping he'll do that.
3) Picnic lunch in the sunshine with my guys.
4) An exhausted LO climbed in the chair and snuggled up beside me. He pretended to sleep off and on for 15 minutes while I sang "bye oh baby" to him. Sometimes he joined in. Very sweet.
5) The upside of the the most problematic pedi ever? My second polish change today. This one much cleaner and hopefully the problem is fixed.
| "I'm not really a waitress" color toes take three |
6) OB appointment with my doc. Four cm...will it take me until next week to make it to five or is it "go" time? Induction date is set for 4/12/12 because DH likes the date. I can't imagine making it that long. In fact, we decided tonight to go ahead and do this...
because we figure there's a good chance he'll be coming in the next 48 hours and that's fresh enough for homemade cookies right? I'm serious about having something nice for my nurses, but also about having reasonable expectations and not running DH ragged. Baking a little ahead seemed like a good compromise. Hopefully they'll still taste good.



Yeah, the fashion look is all boy...love the boots!
ReplyDeleteCookies for nurses? I love a heart that works like that! Bet the nurse love that too! Lucky nurses...being appreciated feels so good!
Keeping you all in our prayers daily and looking forward to 'lil bro's arrival and seeing the four of you soon.
To borrow a word of truth from a friend, "God is good (all the time)!"
Love,
DB