Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Park Days


We've gone to the park twice this month, and both times have been among my favorite family days. Our first trip was on Labor Day. The weather was beautiful, and we found a nice spot in the shade. Your Dad and I thought we'd try to hang out on a blanket with you for a little while. We fully expected you to be over that in five minutes. Instead you stayed on the blanket and played for over an hour. Just before we left I let your feet touch the grass for the first time. I think it's such a summertime childhood indulgence to get to feel plush grass under your toes. You, however, didn't seem to agree. You curled up those toes and picked up your legs. We had to head home, so I didn't encourage you to to do more.

Today we went to the park with the hope of playing on the blanket again. You loved it just the same. We were also fortunate enough to have a new toy car lent to us. You have been rather fond of it since we got it yesterday, so we brought it to the park as well. I packed your usual goodies, diaper, sippy cup of ice water, and a few extra toys. When we got set up, you went straight for the sippy cup. The weather was gorgeous today, 78 and no humidity. I don't think you were thirsty so much as enamored with your cup and the ice clinking inside. We could not get you to let it go! At one point I used it to play a game your Dad made up where we put a toy on our head and you get it. You love to play and I love that it helps your strength and balance. Your Dad had fun playing with our new camera.

Before we knew it, it was time to head home. As I packed up our stuff, your Dad was holding you. He put you down on the grass for just a minute. Once again you lifted your feet, so he had to let you sit. When you did, you held your knees up off the grass. You clearly did not want to touch it. You even lifted your left leg in the air, so it wouldn't touch. I'm not sure what the grass as ever done to you, but you clearly don't like it!

1 comment:

  1. He is so precious. Counting the days!

    toona

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.