Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Moving right along

Not to belabor the point that LO is not walking yet, but he's not. Some of us are more ok with that than others. In any case, we were fortunate enough to get this hand me down push toy which should encourage LO to practice his skills. LO loves the toy, but he's just as happy to push it sideways, flip over, or walk on his knees pushing it. It does not, to DH's chagrin, seem to be encouraging walking as much as he expected it might.

So last night, DH was on LO duty while I made our dinner. We were all in the front hallway and DH and I were talking near where the sitter had parked LO's stroller. DH made some comment about guessing that the stroller was locked as LO tossed his green ball in it and pulled up on the basket under the seat. Turns out the stroller wheels weren't locked. As I walked back to the kitchen, DH whispered "Hey! Check him out." LO was pushing the stroller and walking along behind it. He walked the entire length of the hallway. We turned him around and he walked from the front door, through the living room, into the sunroom, then back to the front door! (I steered the stroller around the corners.) DH and I cheered like crazy. It was the furthest either of us have seem him walk even if it was with the assistance of the stroller for balance. Just one more example of how kids will make toys out of anything. I'm thrilled that he's getting double use out of our stroller!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy!

    toona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could just set up constantly running video cameras all over the downstairs living area and send us stream video of LO all day long. :):):)

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.