Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Music to My Ears

Have I mentioned how much your Dad and I love your laugh? It is just the sweetest sound to our ears. You have several laughs actually. There's the throaty rumble "Woody Woodpecker" laugh that you do when you agree with something I say or do. There's the little chuckle I get if I tickle you or razz your tummy. Sometimes, if we're really working hard to entertain you, we hear the chuckle that goes into a real belly laugh with a squeal or two thrown in. Tonight we walked together enjoying the recently cooler weather. Your Dad wore a new framed backpack carrier that is cooler. We got it today where I volunteered at a yard sale to help some friends raise mission funds. Anyway, you were a little uncertain about this new carrier, but once Dad started walking, you really seemed to enjoy your new vantage point. You had one of your eggs you like to carry around. About half way through the walk, you dropped it, and I retrieved it. You love to watch me bend to pick things up. I don't know if it's watching my bangs move (which you also love), or something else. Well, once was all it took. I know this is a classic older baby move, but you really hadn't busted it out until tonight. The rest of the way home you dropped, threw, pushed that egg away just to watch me try to catch it, bobble it, or pick it up. Your Dad and I played it up a bit, and you laughed, and laughed, and laughed. It was the longest laugh we've ever heard from you. It really might have lasted five minutes, and we loved it! I'd pick up that egg all day long just to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.