
Happy Halloween everyone! I bought LO's costume almost 2 months ago and we weren't sure if he would still fit into it. Every time I tried it on him, he seemed to hate having it on. It was also a pretty warm costume and it was in the upper 70s here today. Needless to say, it was a big question whether he would dress up tonight. I bought this pumpkin shirt as our back-up plan. I LOVE Halloween, mostly because I enjoy handing out candy and seeing kids dressed up. My big hope for LO's second Halloween was to squeeze him into his puppy costume and hope that he'd let us get a couple of pictures before he lost patience with the whole thing. Then, he decided today would be a good day to skip his naps. By the time costume time came around, he'd had maybe 45 minutes total between his morning and afternoon crib times. I thought I was probably pushing my luck when we headed out.
Much to my delight, he seemed to enjoy his costume this time! I put the hood up for the first time and he got a kick out of looking at his puppy ears. We decided to parade through our small neighborhood and visit a few friends. He enjoyed seeing three real puppy dogs and actually enjoyed picking out some candy (for DH and me of course!). In fact, he initially grabbed a sweet tart, and DH said, "no, buddy, this (Reese's) is what you want." When DH handed him the Reese's, LO dropped the sweet tart like he'd seen the error of his ways. It made us laugh. Here are a few pictures of my favorite pumpkin from earlier in the day followed by costume pics:






What a cute little puppy! You got some great pictures. :) I bet everyone in the neighborhood enjoyed seeing him! He looks like such a happy little man :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a successful Halloween. He is so cute in his puppy outfit....though I like the t-shirt, too!
ReplyDelete