Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Kitchen Helper

We have gotten to do number of things this last month that I have daydreamed about us doing since before you were born. I thought I'd have my act together and we'd be doing them before now, but better late than never! One big thing I hope we'll do more of is cooking together. I had hoped to get a Learning Tower for your birthday or Christmas, but we haven't moved and our current kitchen is too small. We'll have to find another way for you to safely help me in the coming years. Today you played so sweetly while I spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking your food for the rest of the week and making soup for Daddy and me. When you got a little bored, I gave you some new kitchen toys to enjoy. Before I knew it, you had quite the little play kitchen set up in the floor. At first you just made noise and used the individual things in different ways. Periodically, I'd squat to play with you for a minute and show you how I used the same items to make things. (Of course I also put the pot lid on my head like a hat which you thought was great fun.) This afternoon when I was still in the kitchen cooking, I saw you mimicking the same moves we had done together this morning. It was so neat to see that you both seemed to remember something more complex and that you were watching the way I use tools while I cooked. I can tell already that you will make an excellent sous chef very soon!


1 comment:

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.