 |
| You talking to me? |
Our little NB was 2 months old on Sunday. Where does the time go? I had some confusion over the organization of his baby book and realized I'd missed recording a month. Now I can't remember what I missed! Hopefully I can piece things together through the blog. A lot of things have happened in the last month and I'm not sure I'll ever do them all justice here. We had a week long visit and help from Grams, then another weeks visit and help from Papa and Lah-oo with a brief visit from Aunt Liz in there. While Lah-oo was here, she commented that NB uses his arms a lot. She felt like he always had an arm moving. I hadn't really noticed that, but on Sunday I had the rare opportunity to play with NB and his activity mat. He hasn't had much time there because unsupervised floor time is a little dangerous with LO running, tumbling, jumping, pouncing, throwing things, etc. around. So Sunday was probably his fifth time on the mat and he did a great job of batting the toys. He really seemed to enjoy it. Maybe that means his hand-eye coordination came from DH (and not me!).

Just last Friday DH was on day 5 of 7 twelve hours shifts at work. He'd had a particularly tough week. He told LO he'd see him though, so he made a surprise trip home in the mid-afternoon. He could only stay about 30 minutes, but we were so happy to have him. He ended up being here to help with NB's bath. While we were bathing him, NB let out his first laugh. LO was in time out at the time, and he heard us laughing at NB's laugh, so he stopped crying and started laughing too. It was such a fun moment and I'm so glad DH was here for it.
Last Saturday NB had another milestone...his first smile at LO. I think that was really meaningful to LO who kept trying to be silly to get him to smile some more. It seems all of us are willing to be pretty crazy just to see that toothless grin. Behold the power of the newborn babe! Later on Saturday night NB had another significant milestone...he slept from 10 pm to 6 am!!!! I, of course, woke up a lot between 4 am and 6 am wondering what time it was and listening for him to cry for me. Last night he slept from 11pm to 7 am, so I slept a little better then. What an amazing difference two nights sleep of 7 or more uninterrupted hours makes. I feel like a new woman! Today is mine and DH's seven year anniversary, so it was really nice to at least be able to form coherent thoughts in honor of that occasion.
 |
| Morning after first time sleeping through the night |
On Sunday, NB had two more new experiences. I think he discovered his tongue, as he spent much of his awake time sticking it in and out. He also had his first injury at the hands of his older brother who told on himself after whacking NB in the head with a toy golf club.
 |
| Check this out mama! |
Words we've used to describe NB this month are: chill, easy, laid-back, patient/tolerant, noisy sleeper, but easy sleeper. His favorite places are his swing, anyone's arms, anyone's chest, and on his belly. I have started to think of him as sort of a rebel. I am a rule-following mama, sometimes to a fault. This little guy loves all the "wrong" things and tempts me to break the rules. Mostly those things are in the area of his sleep. He sleeps well, but generally only if he's on his tummy, being held, or swinging, all of which are generally against my own recommendations. We're entering into the time when habits are created and we have some new ones to form. What's this mama to do?
Just for fun, here is another comparison shot between NB and LO. LO is maybe a month older in the bottom picture.
Here's to seeing what the next month has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.