I got the idea for weekly pictures using a fabric background from this blog which I found via Pinterest. Their description is complete with a tutorial on how to use photoshop to make them look perfect.
We are not perfect in the Land of Nages.
I gave up using photoshop right away. I knew if I waited to be able to remove the wrinkles in our backdrop, add the circle with the number of weeks on the onesie and make the lighting "just so" every week, I'd never get the pictures posted. Maybe those things will be done to these pictures one day...when my boys are teenagers and DH and I are the only ones looking. I hoped to have the pics be just of NB, but quickly gave up that idea when it was clear that LO just wasn't going to allow it. It wasn't worth the fight and, besides, I like seeing my boys together. I did try to make sure I got some shots of just NB each week. And I tried to be careful to straighten the "backdrop" and make sure none of our surroundings made it in the picture. As you might have noticed, even those goals were left behind as the weeks progressed.
This week, I just wanted to share a couple of shots from behind the scenes during picture time. Frankly, I think they are just as important, if not more so, as the solo shots. Below, LO is reading a "card" to NB and writing in it as he talks. I love the way NB is focusing on his big brother.
Later, LO gave the "card" to DH. When DH asked what it said, LO replied "Happy Father's Day!" It was actually a bill from my OB for NB's delivery...that's sort of the same thing, right?
Precious....just precious.
ReplyDelete