Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Little Taste of Mom's World

So Mom Nages isn't feeling well now, so DH decided to write a blog as she recovers. This is how this afternoon went. I (DH) got home at 4:45PM to find you playing with Mom Nages and the nanny-to-be-on-Friday. It was 15 minutes before Mom Nages had to run off to work. As Mom Nages was running out the door, she quickly gave me a tutorial of how much milk to give you, which bottle, and which baby food container to use. Oh, by the way, I was in charge of making steamed apples and squash using the babycook, cook dinner for two of us, clean up the kitchen and everywhere else you had traveled, fold clothes, start some laundry, bathe you and put you down to bed. It's exhausting just typing this all out. It was 5:00PM and I was all alone with you.

"Here we go" I thought. You could easily find things to do, and trouble to get into, which meant I needed to keep a constant eye on my busy boy. We finally got around to eating at 5:30, I tried using your Tilty cup. That took forever, then I switched to another cup, then finally I gave in and gave you a bottle. We are trying to phase out the bottle and let you drink from a big boy cup. After a few spills and me running around wiping up after you, we went for a walk. You enjoyed walking with the neighbor's dog, Roxy. You stared at her the whole time. In fact, Roxy distracted you from the bushes that you normally like to pause and appreciate. After getting home, I fed you some sweet potato with wheat germ and boy you loved that. You kept playing with the bottle after I fed you and I would peak my head in and talk to you in between cleaning the kitchen and your mess. After I left the room I heard you playing with the bottle. I would peak my head in and ask you if you were playing or drinking. I would then see you drinking, but you had a smirk on that face trying to trick me. You did this a handful of times.

It was then 6:20PM. Time for bath. Yes, folks, I attempted to give LO a bath all by myself. Had I made it to the Big Leagues? I successfully got you bathed and I was able to pick you up and dry you. I put on a onesie, combed your hair and sang to you, just like Mom. After that, you were off to bed. After reading a few books, I was ready to put you down for the night. You fought, cried and screamed as usual, but I was able to put you down without much difficulty. I came downstairs and chilled out for awhile before tackling the kitchen and laundry. Quickly, I cleaned the kitchen, folded the clothes, started some more laundry and cooked dinner. I was ready to put myself down. I have a newer appreciation for what Mom Nages does. She can do more than I just did and not complain about it. What a woman!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet appreciative remarks of Mom Nages and her daily activities. Well said Dad Nages.

    toona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Honey! You accomplished way more last night than I normally do in the evening hours. Well done, my dear. We are so fortunate to have such an excellent and supportive DH/Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.