Saturday, September 25, 2010
Chasing and Racing
As we've made the house safer for you, your Dad and I have begun to let you explore more and more. We still have plenty of things that we have to keep you out of or away from, but you have to learn what "no" means sometime, so we're working on that too. You are very content playing by yourself, especially if you can see one of us. So it has been that this last week you and I have made an informal game of chasing and racing. For instance, I open the refrigerator door and race to remove everything I want before you can race back from the hallway and squeeze yourself into the open fridge to start tasting all the bottles on the bottom shelf. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I take your picture. Other times I think I've closed the bathroom door while I spray down your diaper, but you manage to open it and I race to finish before you crawl on the bathroom floor. Less often, we both see something you want but shouldn't have and I chase you to get it first. Most of our day we spend in competition to see if I can complete a task with the dishwasher, dryer, bathroom, closet, refrigerator, or cabinet before you decide to "help." It's fun for now. I'm pretty sure your are going to up the ante a bit when you start walking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 days...but, who's counting?
ReplyDelete