10
On countdown day 10, I went to spin class and got an ultimatum. After every class my instructor asks "how long are you going to do this?" After every class I tell her "I'm taking it one class at a time. As long as it still feels good, I'll keep coming." The truth is spin class is one of the highlights of my day. For 45 minutes I feel almost like my old self. It doesn't take as much to get my heart rate up, I have about 4 fans on me keeping cool and I watch myself carefully to make sure I don't work too hard. Overall, though, it's the last place I can still get my endorphin fix. I've also been told, a lot, that it will make labor easier and will help LO sleep through the night earlier. I don't know if there's science behind that, but sounds like a plan to me. So after Tuesday's class, my spin instructor said "you know if you get to three (cms dilated) not to come in here right?" I responded that I wouldn't if I was three AND contracting. She's been very supportive, but I think I'm making her nervous. In fact, more than one person at the Y has asked me to please try NOT to have my baby there. With 10 days left, there really wasn't anything to suggest that I was risking that!
The rest of day ten consisted of napping too late and washing the car. Well, DH washed the car. I provided moral support and used the bug and tar a couple of times to look like I was helping! If LO comes on time, maybe the car will still look good for the ride home. Grandpa would be proud! (He's all about the clean car for special occasions)
9
With nine days left, DH and I headed to my most recent OB appt. At 38 weeks and 5 days, there was nothing to report. Still hanging out at 1 cm and 40% (I hope that's not TMI for anyone), where I've been for the last 3 weeks. For you rookies out there, LO will be having a birthday when I'm 10 cm and 100%. Doesn't sound like far to go, but trust me when I tell you there's a loooong way between here and there. My OB said there might have been a little change since last week, but she's just trying to be optimistic. I'm pretty sure we'll meet at the same time and place next week. By then I'll be 39 and 6 and MAYBE LO will start acting like he means business.
Last night was my last night of pager duty until 2010. Aside from the 11 pm page about constipation (no, I'm not kidding), it went well. It was a major hurdle to get over as my professional duties wind down. If you have a job that involves pagers or constipation, you REALLY know what I mean. If you have children already, you're probably thinking both of those pale in comparison to having a newborn. Maybe, but I've got 9 days left...right?
8
Today is 8 days before LO is due. Nothing new here. Went to spin class again, then came home and mowed the grass. Felt great then, now I'm beat! The weather is so gorgeous that I'll take any excuse to be outside. In fact, I might go walk the neighbor's dog! Tonight DH and I will sweep and mop the floors. Our goal is to get all the major stuff done before tomorrow. This weekend, DH and I will be "unplugged." I'll write more about that later, but we're looking forward to it. First, I have to get through day 7...my last day of clinic.
Today is also October 1st. That means LO will officially be an October baby. DH and I couldn't be happier about that. We would have been happy to have him in any month, but October is our favorite. We're people who don't really have favorites, so that's saying a lot. Our families have several birthdays this month and I wonder if anyone is lobbying for LO to "pick" theirs. I hope he gets his own.
So that's a recap of what's been happening (and not happening) in the land of Nages. I'll continue the countdown next week. Until then, hope everyone is well and enjoying some fall weather.
Oh I remember those days. So fun, frustrating and exciting...on the verge of "my whole world is about to change". Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDelete