Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Letter to LO



My Darling Son,

I want you to know that I have loved being pregnant with you. We've made a good team so far. You were about the size of a poppy seed when I found out about you. I had all day to be excited about that and figure out how to tell your Dad. Keeping that secret was so hard, but so sweet. The look on his face and the tears in his eyes were priceless. We were anxious that you stay with us through that first trimester. We loved you and kept you a secret between the two of us for almost 7 weeks. We didn't tell friends for another 4 weeks after that even though we wanted to tell the whole world.

In over a dozen appointments we have never gotten tired of hearing your heartbeat. We loved seeing you on ultrasounds, and with every one we were so grateful to find you healthy and doing well. I loved finally looking pregnant with you. I have tried to eat well and stay active so you have a healthy start. While this belly is getting a little heavy to carry around now, I know I will miss its roundness and having you in it.

Probably the best feeling in our time together has been your movement. I wasn't sure I felt you at first, but I didn't have to wonder for long. Within a week you were kicking strongly enough for your Dad to feel it too. It was so special for him to finally be able to connect with you physically. He asks about your movement all the time now. He pokes at you in there and loves when you poke back. He rubs all over my belly like he thinks he's going to get a wish! He also talks to you, mostly about coming to meet us.

Baby boy, as much I love having you right where you are, it's time to come out! Today is supposed to be your birthday. Well, more accurately, today was predicted to be your birthday. I really like the date and hoped it would be your day. Right now it's looking like you have other plans. Unless you make some serious moves in the next 11 hrs and 44 min, I will have to get used to a different date.

Your father and I have so much that we want to teach you. I'm not sure if today is your first lesson from us or our first lesson from you. You are too young to understand this yet, but I want you to know that it is very important to keep your appointments and to be on time! It is rude to keep others waiting. We will cut you some slack today since you did not make this appointment yourself, but please do us a favor and don't make us wait long. Let's finish this part of our journey well. Don't make mama come after you!

I love you. Please come see me soon.
Mom

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts beautifully expressed...

    I actually posted a longer note but managed to make it disappear somehow...

    Looking forward to LO's arrival soon...

    Love,
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darling Daughter, you are so sweet. How precious these words are to your LO! I know its hard to wait...but oh so worth it. He already loves you too, you know.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.