DH and I had been hanging out for about 6 weeks. We'd talked a lot in person and on the phone. We'd had what might have been called "dates" to concerts or with friends. No kissing, not even hand-holding, but a lot of getting to know each other. I was confused. I needed to know what we were. I talked to a mutual friend who told me DH was waiting to "make it official" on October 27th. So, ten years ago today, we both had class. I had a preceptorship in the afternoon, so I stayed dressed up for the "making it official" occasion, whatever that would mean. We ate dinner together in the courtyard between our study buildings. When we were through, he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was so sweet and so "him." Of course, I said yes. We then went to watch a friend play hockey and he took me home. After nearly five years, a lot of miles, and some major relationship growth, he asked me to marry him. (see second blog post for those details if you like) A year after that we were married and I moved back to the same state with him. Now, over four years from our wedding day, we are bonding with our dear son. This will be the best and least celebrated dativersary we've had. Happy ten years of putting up with me honey. I love you for it. I can't wait to see what the next decade brings!
Happy dativersary! It was so precious to see your little family this morning. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 10th anniversary! I love reading the blog and seeing the family pictures. Luv ya all, toona
ReplyDelete