Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

4,3,2,1...cm...still

There's not a lot to say about this week. The weather has been chilly, grey and rainy until today and my mood has pretty much followed suit. I have suffered a serious lack of motivation. I did go to what might have been my last spin class on Tues (T minus 3 days) and got a good work out in. I was pretty much wiped out for the rest of the day. I have continued my hospital duties this week, so that has occupied a little bit of each morning.

If I didn't know any better, I might feel like the world has been "out to get us" this week. Last week a water stain developed in our downstairs hallway. DH and I were suspicious that this might have come from the upstairs bathroom. Mind you, that would be the ONLY bathroom we had not planned to remodel. The idea of there being a leak doing who-knows-what to the wall or floor while we have family visiting over the next several months was daunting. Another pricey bathroom remodel was also not on the books. Fortunately our favorite new handyman guy was coming to fix the drain stopper in the bathroom he just finished remodeling. He spent about 45 minutes in our attic (free of charge!!!) and determined the source of the leak. He then suggested we fix/caulk it ourselves. We LOVE this guy! Seriously, if you are one of my local friends and need work done, we'd love to send him some business. So that was Monday (T minus 4 d).

Yesterday (T minus 2 d), DH calls to say he's not sure he can put up with the shaking in his car any longer, isn't sure it's safe to drive, and isn't sure it can make it to our preferred dealership an hour away. There's a lot of history here that isn't worth going into, but let's just say this is the umpteenth trip to have the same problem checked, and it didn't seem like the fix was going to be fast, cheap or easy. Grrrrr! So, we dropped DH's darling VW off at the local dealership that has, in the past, messed up the car as often as they've fixed it. Good times!

Today (T minus 1d), we find out that darling VW is suffering from an axle issue (tripod mount/joint thingy?) that means nothing to me, but apparently has to be fixed in pairs. The good news is that it could be done today with refurbished parts and costs about half as much as I thought it might. (Not that I know anything about cars!) In the meantime, the tire pressure light came on AGAIN in my darling CR-V. DH has been putting air in this tire almost weekly for over a month now. We don't mind the inconvenience, but I was getting concerned about safety once LO gets here. BUT REALLY, did we need to have my tire issue NOW? For whatever reason, it finally occurred to me to just have the tire looked at...maybe it could be patched. So, I did that while VW's axle was fixed. More good news...tire patch was $25 and they think I have another 10k miles left on my tires. YEAH! When DH got off work, we were able to go get darling VW, and he has just driven it home saying it feels much better. We have thought this before, but we are cautiously optimistic.

So...rather than the world conspiring against us, it seems we've been able to wrap up some issues that would have been way more difficult and stressful to handle once LO gets here. While some of them were unexpected expenses, they all turned out to be less expensive than initially thought. In the words of an adorable toddler I once knew...praise cheesies!

Oh yeah, and the tidbit of info you really wanted to know about today. LO is still not making any attempts to leave his comfy condo. At my appointment today we were still 1 cm and 40%. I have been fine with that for the last month, but today I was really hoping for at least 2 cm...was that too much to ask? Apparently. The prego question of the week has been "are you ready?" I usually answer, that I'm excited to meet him, but can wait if we have to. That's still the truth. DH and my Dad both say I "sound" ready though. I think they mean I sound moody and irritable. I hope not. I'm trying to keep my chin up and be cheerful, but I have a feeling I've lost a little ground there.

Sorry guys!

We did make some decisions today with my OB. We're sending LO a 10 day eviction notice. If he doesn't make his debut by October 19th, we're going after him! Tomorrow, another countdown will begin!


3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I've been wondering how you were doing. Drink some raspberry tea and rest. And there's always spicy food, eggplant parmesan, pressure points, long walks, and, well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, if he hasn't made his debut by the 19th, you will then set a date for him? Or should I make sure I have the 19th off? Oh I hope he comes soon!! I can't wait to mee him!!!
    HUGS to you both and I hope the house and car issues stay at bay for a little while longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your go bag packed? I do. I am glad everything worked out so well for you with car and the plumbing. God is good. I love you whole bunches.

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.