I think maybe there's a subtle difference to how round the top part of my belly is this week compared to last (L vs R pic). Even if I can't be certain that I see it, I have convinced myself that it has happened, at least a little bit. Here's what I CAN feel that's different. LO's rump hangs out about 2 inches lower than it used to. That means his head is pushing on my pelvis more. I'll leave the details about that alone. The good news is less heartburn, the "bad" news is more trips to the bathroom. The best news is he HAS to be closer to making a debut. Right? We're not in a hurry here. I want him to come when he's ready (as long as he gets ready before I'm too far overdue). It's just exciting to think that maybe he's making plans to meet us as much as we're making plans for him.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Dropping
Around the house these days, "dropping" has at least 2 meanings. Most often it gets a "what is it this time?" response from DH who is oh-so-sweet to come pick up whatever it was. I figure I have about 15-22 days left of getting that treatment before I'm back to having to pickup my own messes. More importantly, though, "dropping" has been a big question as of late. As in "Have you/Has LO dropped?" DH gets it at work, I get it at the OB office, I'm even asking myself (and DH). Inevitably, the follow-up question is "well, is she breathing better?" As a rookie mom, I don't know how to answer these questions. I don't think it was hard to breathe before, so how can it be easier? Yes, I breathe harder...especially during spin class this morning...but does that mean it's harder to breathe? Maybe it's a matter of semantics. Anyway, for the last 2 weeks, I have eagerly loaded the weekly belly pics into the computer hoping to SEE if I've dropped. You tell me.


I think maybe there's a subtle difference to how round the top part of my belly is this week compared to last (L vs R pic). Even if I can't be certain that I see it, I have convinced myself that it has happened, at least a little bit. Here's what I CAN feel that's different. LO's rump hangs out about 2 inches lower than it used to. That means his head is pushing on my pelvis more. I'll leave the details about that alone. The good news is less heartburn, the "bad" news is more trips to the bathroom. The best news is he HAS to be closer to making a debut. Right? We're not in a hurry here. I want him to come when he's ready (as long as he gets ready before I'm too far overdue). It's just exciting to think that maybe he's making plans to meet us as much as we're making plans for him.
I think maybe there's a subtle difference to how round the top part of my belly is this week compared to last (L vs R pic). Even if I can't be certain that I see it, I have convinced myself that it has happened, at least a little bit. Here's what I CAN feel that's different. LO's rump hangs out about 2 inches lower than it used to. That means his head is pushing on my pelvis more. I'll leave the details about that alone. The good news is less heartburn, the "bad" news is more trips to the bathroom. The best news is he HAS to be closer to making a debut. Right? We're not in a hurry here. I want him to come when he's ready (as long as he gets ready before I'm too far overdue). It's just exciting to think that maybe he's making plans to meet us as much as we're making plans for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looking good! Oh, he is making plans alright. You will be the first to hear about them too! You had better take it easy on the spin classes or he may come out dirty dancing.lol
ReplyDelete