Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Dad



Happy Birthday Dad. I hope you feel celebrated by those you love today. Thank you for being a great Dad to me and, soon, a great Grandpa too. In honor of your birthday, I have a list of ten things I love about you. (In no particular order, because that'd be too hard!)
  1. your confidence and self-resolve
  2. your integrity
  3. you're the youngest person I've ever called "wise"
  4. your noggin'-even if it is larger than average and shiny...it's a good one!
  5. your optimism
  6. dancing in the kitchen...it has been too long
  7. your dedication to personal growth, you make us all want to be a little better
  8. the music. One day soon you'll be able to sing AND play guitar, and I can't wait.
  9. hugs...you give good ones
  10. you're mine!
Love from all of us in Dixie.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I signed up too. Don't know how often I'll actually update, but figured I should try to keep in touch with the family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...you are such a sweet daughter...and I am such a blessed dad. I crashed last night before I read this, so today is like birthday time all over again. Thanks for those thoughts, honey.

    Yeah, I should be able to master a few tunes that would entertain LO early on. The James Taylor tunes may take a bit longer :-)

    Love ya'll,
    DB

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.