Friday, July 13, 2012
A rare opportunity
Tonight NB and I had the rare opportunity to nurse and visit just the two of us in his room. His chair is situated by the window and gets nice evening sunlight. We have had the afternoon showers lately that are so typical of our neck of the woods, so the light was pleasant and indirect. I could have looked at NB's eyes forever. They are changing to what we believe will ultimately be hazel...like his Papa's and Uncle Joe's. For now, though, they are the neatest mix of blue-grey with a little hint of hazel in the center. I keep telling DH they look so neat, and he keeps responding "yeah, they're hazel." Somehow that just doesn't capture the complexity of them. Truly, I think I looked at them for ten minutes and couldn't decide what colors I was actually seeing and which were just being reflected there. The only think that drew me away from them was the smile that periodically beamed from just below them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.