Houston, we have a problem! I went to post a short little ditty about LO today complete with pictures (because I know that's why people really tune in here) and found that the 789 pictures contained in this blog take up my allotted 1 GB of picture space from Google. What? I didn't know there was such a limit, though it makes sense there would be. So, no biggie, I thought, I'll just check out their "Picasa web album" they say stores all my pics and delete them from the album and free up some space. Um, no, apparently I will not do that, or all the pictures on my blog will also disappear. Ok, so how about upgrading my storage? Yes, that's clearly what Google would prefer as they'd like me to sign up to pay a monthly fee for it. It's not that much, just $2.50 or $5 a month depending on the amount of space, but it's the principle with me.
I've noticed other bloggers switching blog tools in the past and wondered why. Could this be the reason? I don't have the time to investigate. This is the only place my boys' lives are being chronicled, so losing the pictures here is not an option until I can have the blog printed. I hope to do that one day, but don't have time to research that either. So...if any of my ten or so readers out there has a solution for how to 1) get more pics on here without a monthly fee or 2) a preferred replacement blog tool and how to make the change, please shoot me an e-mail or comment here. Until then, I'm afraid you'll be stuck with all narrative and no pics...a sad situation indeed!
I have been looking into making your blog into a book for about a year now and have found some decent options. Mom and I were thinking about collaborating and finally getting it done for you this Christmas. It's a process though that needs a little bit of your imput so that it is archives to your liking. I will shoot you an email with more details tonight or tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteCat
oh no! I don't know what to do about this...let me know what you decide.
ReplyDelete