Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A couple of quick ones

When I'm so behind on posting, I create this dilemma of whether it is more important to say...write the Halloween post before Thanksgiving, or record funny little things from our everyday lives that will get lost if I don't write them down.  Today I've decided to wait another day for the Halloween post in favor of two quick little stories from my boys.

Last week, DH and I were talking while LO sat at the counter watching us prep a meal.  The conversation between DH and me was something like this:

DH: I think some big movie is supposed to come out sometime soon.  (Yes, really, we are THAT in touch with Hollywood...some movie, some time.) Maybe Hobbit or Hunger Games?

me: Oh yeah, I think both of them are.  Probably Hunger Games for Thanksgiving.  It usually comes out this time of year.  Remember we saw the first half when we were here last year looking at the house?

DH: oh yeah...

me: it's about time for the second half..

at which point LO interjects:  first half, second half, third half, fourth half!

me to LO: Well buddy, there can't be a "third half, fourth half" because "half" indicates that there are only two parts.  (then to DH:)  It's hard to be my kid, isn't it?  Everything is a teachable moment.  He was just playing with the words, and I turned it into a math lesson...

LO: what?

me:  Is it hard to have me as a mama, buddy?

LO (in the most earnest response he could muster): No ma'am, I'm really glad you're my mama!

me: well, I'll be sure to write that down, so maybe you'll remember that in ten or twenty years.


**************************

Fast forward to this week, and NB was sitting on the potty as he sometimes does.  He's gotten into telling DH and me to "go away" when he sits down.  I'm trying to teach him to more politely ask for "privacy please."  

me: Would you like your privacy?

NB: yes

so I left the bathroom and walked across the hall to the laundry to do something else. 

NB: (yelling to me while I'm in the laundry) Did you find it?

me: Find what?

NB: My privacy!


1 comment:

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.