Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Reason #5

I was in the middle of another post just now, when I looked up to notice that the windows on our sun porch were closed.  That's reason #5 that I love DH so much.  It's been a while since I've written about that and, while this might get lost amongst the catch-up posts, I thought it important enough to write anyway.  Usually when I title these, I want to pick a really high number for the title.  There are more reasons than I can count that I love DH and that he's a fantastic Da and husband.  As I thought briefly about what number to put on this post, I realized it needed to be low.  You see closing those windows represents one of the greatest things DH does for me and our family.  It's REALLY high on my list of things that I love.  It's the way he shows us he loves us every. single. day.  As a mom I'm constantly cataloguing needs, schedules, locations of favorite toys and ones that will be favorites but missing next week.  In the meantime, it's been 85 degrees earlier in the week and I opened all the windows to let in the fresh fall air.  I remembered to close the inside ones, but here it is 4 days later.  It snowed our first snow last night, and I'm just now noticing the windows in the sunroom (which is partly a play room, mostly an inside room, but feels like outside if the windows are open) have been closed.  DH probably closed them three and a half days ago without saying a word.  He takes care of us that way.  He loves us that way.  He could have given me grief, kept score, made a snide remark, or let me wonder why I was freezing that night.  He didn't.  He wouldn't. I wonder how many other ways he's taken care of us this week that I will never know.  How many ways he's made my life easier that I haven't noticed let alone shown gratitude for. Thanks Honey.  We love you too!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...adoration....great marriage fuel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da/DH is a kind and generous person and yes
    he does many wonderful things that we might not notice, and we are all so grateful that he is in our lives. So Hip Hip Horrah to him! Love, toona

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.