Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fall day on the farm

So I lost some momentum.  We had a little thing called a wedding and, well, I lost track of where I was in my bloggy catch up.  A quick check of iPhoto shows I'm due a post about a little fall fun we had amidst the craziness of many other things in October.  LO has gymnastics on Saturday mornings right now and I often try to take advantage of that time off the mountain to do other "off the mountain" things.  I had heard a friend mention having a trip to a nearby farm rained out and how sad she was to miss it.  We used to make an annual trip to a great place before we moved.  In fact, we had LO's fourth birthday party there.  It might have been one of his favorite places.  I searched the internet about the farm my friend mentioned and found it to be about a 45 minute drive, but it looked very similar to the one LO loved.  DH was working, but I decided (against my better judgement) to bite the bullet.  I decided to not only take the boys, but willingly tossed their nap schedule to the wind.  Yeah, I live on the edge like that about once in a blue moon, but this time seemed worthy.

The bottom lines from our visit were these: 1)Farm was super busy, it was the first gorgeous day we'd had in a while, so maybe that was why  2)The boys were cranky, hungry, or both for most of the trip. Once I addressed one, the other took over.  In spite of this, we still had a pretty good time.  Their favorite spot was the enormous corn pits.  They were our last spot and no amount of fatigue could keep them from enjoying themselves.  3) Hayride to the pumpkin patch was over-rated.  Next year we'll spend that hour in the corn pit or with the animals. 4) Either I am too inept or my phone is, but selfies just were not happening on my camera or my phone. They are comical to see though.

Speaking of, here are our pics from the day:

one of them is excited to be there...guess who?

ok, so maybe my red-head won't feed the animals, he just wants to climb in with them.

these are horses they could ride.  fun idea, but execution left a little to be desired


this boy loves a good tunnel

who knew standing in line could make him so happy?


this one entertained himself by giving this queue rope a work out...until it fell over.





the answer to "how much do you love me?"  


failed selfie attempt, but love the face that did get captured

crazy faces

what I got when I said, "you are going to sit there until you cooperate with giving me a decent picture."

35 minutes in line, we;re eagerly anticipating pumpkin patch fun...oh yeah, and it's officially nap time

NB's find.  The boys are allowed to choose any pumpkin they want as long as they can carry it back to the tractor.  Little did we know, they only have big pumpkins in the fields.  Poor LO was trying too hard to find the perfect pumpkin that he ran out of time.

NB is obviously thrilled to be getting a wagon ride and protecting pumpkins.  I think this may go on our Christmas card. 



they kept trying to bury their heads

All the tiredness and tears disappeared when we found the corn pits.  It was hard to make them leave, but we had a long ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.