I have the hardest time making decisions. That might be a surprise given what I do for a living. I do just fine if the risks and benefits of said decision are clear. With work, things are usually either pretty straightforward or just not that important. (Yes, your baby is safest sleeping on his back. No I'm not not going to be the tie-breaker between you and your mother-in-law over what type of peanut butter your LO eats. You see what I mean?) When it comes to things that are new to me I generally research things to the Nth degree and ultimately make a decision. The more expensive the decision, the more options or the more critical the outcome, the longer I take. For instance, it took DH and me about 3 straight months of sitting on couches in the same stores every weekend to choose our current sofas, and I'm still not sure I should have gone with this fabric. IT'S A SOFA PEOPLE! Yes, I have issues.
My latest dilemma is cloth diapers. I have been researching them for months and finally have the basics down, I think. I even have a good friend locally to is quite the guru and has held my hand a lot of the way. In the last week as I have prepared to order our stash I have steadily begun to second-guess every decision I thought I had made. I'm losing ground! Last night I lost 20 min of sleep (at midnight) because I wanted to check one more thing online. Then, I went downstairs only to have LO wake up (he'd only been down for those 20 min) and decide not to go back to sleep until 3:15 am. Now, after having gotten only 3 1/2 hrs of sleep (with a feeding in the middle), I have seven tabs of cloth diapers sites open on Safari instead of taking a nap or a shower. I have twice fed LO at the computer today and now, as he looks like this:
I am still working on diaper decisions. It may be time for an intervention people!
Why don't you post a comparison chart and let us all vote. Just kidding! lol. He is growing so fast he may be a bigger size by the time you decide. :)
ReplyDeleteHonestly speaking, go with the disposable diapers. You are going to be too busy with work, motherhood, and being a good wife. However, I am only the toona!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!!! This is the first picture I've seen where he is finally starting to look like you guys!!! I honestly can't figure out if it's more you or more DH. He steals my heart every single time I see his pictures!
ReplyDeleteAs for diapers...you're crazy (sisterly love :p) Hehe, I'll have to let you decide there. Without doing any research I vote for the disposable. I couldn't stand having to wash the cloth diapers. Plus, you'll be changing them so often... Say you're out on an errand and you can't help it but you have to stop and change LO while you're out. Are you really going to carry around a dirty cloth diaper with you till you leave that store? Eww...
I'm all for cloth diapers, folks! :) Really, dealing with cloth diapers (even poopy ones while you're out running errands), isn't really that big of a deal once you get used to it. BUT...it's not for everyone. And it's amazing how quickly life's demands can seem to pile up on you. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be working AND doing cloth diapers. But I know there are people who do it. Every day. :)
ReplyDeleteIt can be done, but don't feel like you SHOULD just because you CAN. This leads to mommy and wife burnout in a hurry. I'm calling you today, by the way. :)