We said goodbye to Grams (my mom) yesterday. She had been here for a little over a week. She spent most of that time cooking, cleaning, shopping, and loving on LO. If we are honest with ourselves, my mom and I have always done best with a little distance between us. I can't remember the last time we spent a week together when I wasn't running around going somewhere or doing something. This time she did the running, but not for more than a couple of hours a day. It took a little getting used to. I had to learn how to ask for what I needed and she had to figure out how to help while still letting me be LO's mom. Overall, I think we did a great job! It's different being a daughter once you become a mom, but I think that's a topic for another post. LO and I are flying solo now. That means while he is happy in the swing, I should be sleeping or bathing rather than writing this. I just wanted to take a moment to thank my mom for being so selfless and generous this past week. You were a great help. We'll miss you, but will see you again in about a month.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Leaving on a jet plane...
We said goodbye to Grams (my mom) yesterday. She had been here for a little over a week. She spent most of that time cooking, cleaning, shopping, and loving on LO. If we are honest with ourselves, my mom and I have always done best with a little distance between us. I can't remember the last time we spent a week together when I wasn't running around going somewhere or doing something. This time she did the running, but not for more than a couple of hours a day. It took a little getting used to. I had to learn how to ask for what I needed and she had to figure out how to help while still letting me be LO's mom. Overall, I think we did a great job! It's different being a daughter once you become a mom, but I think that's a topic for another post. LO and I are flying solo now. That means while he is happy in the swing, I should be sleeping or bathing rather than writing this. I just wanted to take a moment to thank my mom for being so selfless and generous this past week. You were a great help. We'll miss you, but will see you again in about a month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you my darling daughter. I miss you all already. Can't wait until next month! See you soon.
ReplyDelete