I hope to make this a series as I think most of us have moments all the time that remind us that we are parents. You know those really unique experiences that you just can't have before kids. I hope to type up a few every (or every other Monday) and invite you to include your own in the comments. If you are empty nesters, feel free to add ones you remember or ones that have occurred "remotely", if you don't have kids (sisters of mine) just enjoy the ride...you have p-l-e-n-t-y of time. (If you don't plan to have kids, these might make you feel good about that decision! )
So here are mine for the past week:
1) LO peed everywhere BUT the inside of the diaper. He got the outside of the new diaper, his clothes, the wipe, my PJs, the formerly clean sheets. It was 2 am, I removed his clothes, fed him, and went back to sleep.
2) This morning I changed his diaper and put on some Burt's Bees Diaper cream. I washed my hands and proceeded to eat my breakfast while I fed him. At one point I got breakfast on my finger, so I licked it. It tasted like Burt's Bees...hmmm.
This is a wonderful tradition to begin. I hope you keep it up. I will have to give it some thought and maybe dig out the baby books to jog my memory. When my girls were little we didn't have blogs and things. :)
ReplyDeleteLove & Kisses!
Found your blog through Amy's (who lives in Germany). Amy and Peter used to live around us when they were here in the USA. We have a 3 week old, a 3 year old, and a 5 year old. This is a cute thing to do! Unfortunately, I am so sleep deprived today that the moments I would share have left my brain. :)
ReplyDeleteMy two LOs aimed their pees at our faces....it was a common phenomenon. Will not mention their names because of embarrassments. Plase keep this tradition of sharing. Luv ya all, toona
ReplyDeleteMandy, welcome! I'm not sure we're worthy of being followed by people outside of friends and family, but you're definitely welcome to hang out and see. I LOVE Amy's blog. Do you have one?
ReplyDeleteToona, let's hope LO doesn't get that skill from his Daddy!
ReplyDeleteOne of the best parts about being a mom to a 4.5 month old baby is when his face lights up in a smile looking as he looks into your eyes. Those smiles just make my heart melt!
ReplyDeleteIt's also a wonderful feeling when you know just how to make the crying stop...and sometimes being held by mommy is all it takes.