1) LO had his first bottle. DH had the day off, so he volunteered to get up with him for the 2 am feed. After discussing things a bit we decided that 6 am feeding was more reasonable. So, at 5:45 am (guess LO took that post about the importance of being on time to heart!), LO woke up and DH went to make his first bottle. The plan was for LO to take the alotted 2 oz and go back to sleep while I would sleep an extra hour then get up to pump. Instead, LO took 2 oz and wanted more, so DH pacified him for 30 minutes to buy me some time, then LO breastfed anyway and I went to pump. While it didn't go EXACTLY as planned, I did get more sleep out of the deal as DH did not get to go back to sleep and I did.
2) LO rolled over from tummy to back!! We don't put him on his tummy much because he is so good at spitting that it would just be a mess right now. I think yesterday was the first time he was actually flat on his stomach. Today we did tummy time twice for about 2 minutes each time. The last time, he rolled up on his left side then onto his back. Actually, his fluffy bum sort of acted like a tripod and he was steady on his left side for about 10 seconds before finishing the roll. He was so angry the whole time, and I was so mean and just let him kick to see if he would make it over. Then I put him back on his tummy to see if he'd do it again. Sorry kiddo, it was just so neat to watch! I didn't leave him there for long the second time as it eventually seemed like torture.
3) DH and I left the house, just the two of us!!! I had promised Grams that she could give LO a bottle while she was here. This morning I realized that if she did that tonight or tomorrow, DH and I could go out if only briefly. So I made the proposal this morning first to DH who was shocked that I would consider leaving. Then to Grams who seemed shocked, but pleased, that I would ask. (Am I a bad mom for doing this at 3 1/2 weeks? Why is everyone shocked?) So, after nine straight days of not leaving the neighborhood, DH and I left LO, Grams and another 2 oz bottle for a 40 minute and approximately one mile round trip hot date at IHOP (try the holiday pancakes, we enjoyed them)! I tried hard to talk about something other than LO, but I really don't have any other material right now. Then the waitress took 10 minutes to pick up our check and I thought I'd have a panic attack waiting. (Ok, so I wasn't THAT anxious) We got home to find Grams and LO sacked out in the glider. This time the 2 oz bottle did the trick. Thanks, mom, for letting us get out of the house. We probably won't make it out again until you come back!
3.5) I don't think this counts as a whole first, but maybe it will be soon. LO seems like he is trying to start cooing. Maybe I'll figure out the video feature on this thing by the time he figures out the coo!
I know every new parent thinks their child is a genius and the most adorable things ever, and we are no different. I also know how much fun it is to be the person who gets to hear about how brilliant and perfect someone else's LO is. Thanks for hanging in there and indulging our excitement. It truly is the little things at this point that keep us all going!
No you are not a bad mom for going out at 3 1/2 weeks. We all new LO would be fine....we are all shocked because we didn't think Mommy would trust us ( us being me) at 3 1/2 weeks. Well, I was honored that you let me keep him and I am glad you had a good time on your "hot" date to IHOP. I am also grateful to LO for being so good that maybe you will let me do it again some time. I can't take the credit though....it was all him. He is just so precious!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of leaving the house, I think I'll be coming back on Thanksgiving day. Possbily, to come see the cirque show. I'll be off, but Ryan will have to work so depending on when he gets off we'll come up. If cirque doesn't work out then on my next off day, or two days in a row, I'm so high tailing it up there to see you guys.
ReplyDeleteLO is like to most awesome man in my life and I'm loving every single picture or video that mom is sending me. I'm going to miss it terribly when she leaves and I can't get my updates :( I'll keep you updated about when I can come see you. Till then, pass the hugs around :D
Hey, if you do everything right (or perhaps in any case) eventually they leave you for months and then even years at a time. Though the thought of that makes moms and dads a bit anxious, it's all part of His plan so no need for anxiety. You had Gran (or is it Gram) there. So I guess you have to start somewhere; 3 1/2 weeks seems like a good place to start.
ReplyDeleteWhat a good Mommy and Daddy LO has! It'll likely take him a quite a few years to appreciate that. In the mean time, Lord willing, you'll all enjoy the ride together.
Pretty amazing how much the concept of a "hot date" changes with time. That notion seems good somehow.
Love,
DB