Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy One Month LO



Our sweet little guy is one month old today. I know it's cliche, but the time has flown by. In honor of today's milestone, here are some pics and some highlights of all he has done.

In the last month, you have accomplished a lot little one. You managed to get yourself born (that's a tough act to follow!), learn how to breath, suck, and swallow and your heart changed from pumping blood the "inside mommy way" to the "outside mommy way" and that was all in your first minutes of life in this big world. Together we have learned how to get through our day in a whole new way. I have learned the difference between some of your cries and you, in the last few days, have learned to make some noises that aren't cries. You often start with a few warning, "hey guys do remember I'm here?" cries. Sometimes you just let one of those out, then you're off to sleep or find something more interesting and go no further. More often, over the last month, you move on to a real cry. We've nicknamed two of those. One, the old man cry, is hoarse and weak sounding. You try it out first seemingly so as to not waste more energy than necessary. If the old man cry doesn't get you what you need, it escalated to the full on pterodactyl cry. This one could win you a voice over for the next Jurassic Park movie. You throw your head back and let out a screech, your face turns beet red and then you hold your breath. Your Dad and I try to figure out what you need before you get to that one, but sometimes, like during your bath, there's just nothing to be done. I can't tell you what a joy it's been in the last few days for you to make some new, sweet cooing sounds. They are few and far between, but I'm certain there are more on the way.

In the last month you've also learned to focus more on me and your Dad. Often you pull your head back and focus on me while I'm trying to burp you in the middle of the night. While I'd like those little eyes to be closed at 2 am, it's a sweet treat to have them look at me if they're going to me open. You continue to work on holding that head steady. You're still quite the bobble head, but you're getting stronger every day. To help you get stronger, I'm trying to do a better job of getting you tummy time. You aren't a big fan of laying flat on your belly. To protest, you managed to roll over once, but you aren't doing that regularly yet. You still are a champion spitter, so laying on your belly often means laying in left over lunch. Yuck! We try to keep that to a minimum!

Your looks have changed a lot in the last month. Most agree you are looking more like your Dad. This makes him proud! You are still getting over your jaundice, but it is much improved. In its place, though, you have a wicked case of baby acne. Sorry about that little man, my pregnancy and post-pregnancy hormones are to blame for that and it may last another 4-5 months. I'm pretty sure you don't know it's there though. We all think you are the cutest thing in spite of it. In addition to skin changes, you've gotten bigger. You fit into your hats now and are starting to fill out your onesies and sleepers better. By our estimates, you are about 8 1/2 pounds now. Way to go!

We're looking forward to all that the next month brings.


4 comments:

  1. I can NOT wait to see him in a few weeks! Still no update as to if I can see you for certain on Thanksgiving day or if it might be just after.

    I can't believe it's been an entire month! Once again I didn't get to call you. I worked this morning and let that get the most of my attention. I have been thinking about you guys a lot though.

    Thank you so much for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is changing everyday! I miss him so much! Thanks for the pictures and the update.
    Lots of love....give him kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! It's Alan's sister. Just found your blog from Sam's blog and it was so fun reading about your LO. He sure is adorable and is in great hands! I'll keep checking in to see how he is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on the adventures of LO & "rents". Fun reading as always. Love the pix & especially the Halloween pix in the earlier entry.

    Love ya'lll

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.