Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

OB visit updates

Newbie and mama at 34 weeks
I feel like I've been a little slack lately in documenting my pregnancy progress.  For a blog that I started to keep family and friends apprised of LO's progress, there's been little said about Newbie's.  In retrospect, I didn't start the blog until late in my first pregnancy, so maybe I'm not slacking too much.  Anyway, this is just an FYI update for those who are curious.  (Probably grandparents, at most.)  We had our 35 week and 3 day appointment last Monday, March 5th.  It included our last ultrasound peak at Newbie before he makes his official debut.  Sorry I do not have any pictures of that, but the ultrasonographer was so busy asking DH and me about her 10 year-old's headaches that she neglected to take many.  I have one shot that confirms he's still a boy, and one that I think is his face.  I'm thinking that if I'm not sure of that, you won't be either. So, we'll have to wait for the real thing in a few weeks.  That's ok, we like that surprise anyway.  By ultrasound estimate (which can be off by quite a bit an either direction), Newbie was 6 lbs at that visit, and my OB thinks he'll be about 8 pounds when he's born.  I'm afraid to admit that I think that was a conservative estimate.  In any case, he'll probably be 3/4 to a full pound larger than LO!!!!  This mama is trying very hard not to think about that!

We had our 36 week 3 day appointment this past Monday, and things still seem fine.  Hope this isn't too much information, but I am already dilated to almost 2 cms. (I'll be 10 cm when Newbie arrives) DH got pretty excited about that, but I'm not putting a lot of thought into it.  I could stay at that point for a month and many women do.  I think next week's check will be more interesting. We're hoping he stays put until at least April 4th.  We have a little international sporting event in our area that week that sends all our friends away, brings the media and the rest of the world in, and makes the roads by my house a parking lot for a few hours at a time.  Perhaps more importantly, it means my OB is on vacation March 31st to April 3rd, and I am therefore threatening to put myself on bed rest until she returns.  She has offered to induce me, but that's just not how I roll.

We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Large bellies are at their most beautiful when there's a baby inside!

    Your's is gorgeous!

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.