Wednesday, March 28, 2012
9
Ordinarily Wednesday is for music class, then LO plays at the Y while I work out, followed by lunch and playing outside in the courtyard. It's a little hectic, but it has been our routine this spring. This week, however, music class is cancelled, and I'm skipping the gym trying to keep Newbie where he is for another week or so. That meant that, 9 days before baby brother is due, LO and I had an open morning. We had more gorgeous weather, but ended up spending much of the morning inside. I took LO to the hospital for the second time, and we were able to see more babies in the nursery. I have no idea if this will help him when the time comes, but he seems to enjoy it either way. Well, he enjoys the nursery, he's not so fond of the elevator ride required to get there! We looked at all the new babies this morning for about half and hour, then headed to a new community center with an indoor pool. We had not been there before, and it.was.FABULOUS! It was a little hairy getting signed in, then getting ready, but the facility was so well suited for LO. There was a zero entry play area with water from six to 18 inches and a padded floor. There were small slides, stairs, and a bridge there as well. Steps led to the adult area with a small lazy river and little coves of benches and jets that felt great on my back. There were other moms there with kids LO's age, so we had lots of fun for nearly two hours. We were worn out and hungry by then, so we had lunch on a nearby patio before heading home for nap. I'm not sure what LO liked most about the morning, but he talked about the pool for about 30 minutes in his crib before falling asleep tonight. It has been so hard for both of us for me to not be able to pick him up, so I really enjoyed both the buoyancy of the pool, and being able to carry LO around in the deeper water area. I hope we'll be able to return soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds fun! Where were you?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you and LO are enjoying some quality time together before LB arrives. Grannie used to call that "making memories". You are doing a great job of it! I love you, Mom
ReplyDelete