Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Taste of Cotton, part 2

LO still LOVES his cotton. We often find him with a little in each hand while he sucks on his bib or shirt as an appetizer. He is never without at least a couple of options. We managed to catch this on video one night. This was right after he had eaten. I'm sure you can tell that LO is well-fed, in spite of how hungry he might seem with his cotton. This went on for over 30 minutes, but I figure only a very select few (perhaps none) people would want to see that much cotton footage, so here's a brief clip.

Grams mentioned a couple of times that she thinks he will get attached to a blankie one day and drag it everywhere he goes. This seemed right on target to me, so we introduced this:

It's a Miyim organic monkey lovie. With very little effort on my part, he has fallen in love with his lovie. He often sucks on its ears or face when falling asleep. One day I will likely regret that he is attached to this, but I'm confident that he won't take it to prom or college. We'll cross the other bridges when we get there. For now, I'm stockpiling a few so, hopefully, we'll never be without our lovie.

3 comments:

  1. Lovies are a great invention. They prevent the entire blanket from being drug through the house (or the streets) getting dirty. Much better solution. I am glad LO was born into such luxury... two lovies... WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DH had a blankie giving to him by his grandmother and he dragged it along until he was 5 or 6 years old. It became so shabby that I decided to dispose of it. Instead I hid it in a closet. Many years later he found it and was disappointed in me because I hid it from him. Something must have passed in the genes to LO. Luv, toona

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.