
Happy New Year Everyone! Ten years ago, DH and I spent our first New Year's Eve together. Like most of our New Year's Eves it was pretty tame. In fact, this year, as we struggled to stay awake for the ball drop, we also struggled to remember any particular details of any of the previous Eves. I guess we just aren't party people! (Like any of us needed this occasion to know that.)
It's not hard for us to imagine how we will remember 2009. It was the year of LO! Sure, historians will yammer something about a groundbreaking presidential inauguration, significant Supreme Court Justices, and maybe something about our economy. News stories will go on about the swine/H1N1 flu, the death of the King of Pop, and one of Charlie's Angels. Professionally, I saw the end of a tough four years and went from working 60 hrs a week to 15. DH went from plans to move closer to his family to staying another four years and furthering his training. All of these things, while important, pale in comparison to the personal significance of our own little guy finally getting here. After DH and I realized we've never had a terribly memorable New Year's Eve in 10 years, we looked forward to 2020 and tried to imagine LO being 10 at the turn of the next decade...hard to do, but it's coming. We hope you all have something to which you'll look forward in the coming years. We certainly do!
I miss that little guy! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteGrams
Gosh he's getting big!
ReplyDelete