Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monday Mom Moments on Tuesday

So I haven't done a 3M post in a couple of weeks. This is partly because we've been busy with the holidays, grandparents, birthdays, work, etc like everyone else. It's also partly because some of the moments that have reminded me lately that I'm a mom now have not been sweet or funny. I struggle with whether the honest, "being a parent is tough" posts have a place on this blog. I don't like to complain, and who likes to read complaints? Still, I know I have a few readers out there who are in the same place we are, and perhaps I do them a service by keeping things "real." I think this will always be a "glass is half-full" kind of blog. I like to think I'm that kind of person anyway. So now that that is off my chest, here's my 3M toughie for the week, and I'll sweeten it a little with something that will make you think "awww."
*****

We searched high and low for the right person to be a nanny for LO. She started Monday (yesterday) and we still think she is the right person. Unfortunately, she got her school schedule and she was surprised to find that she has class two days a week from 8:30-3:45 pm! That means I have had fewer than 48 hrs to find a qualified person to keep LO tomorrow and 2 days a week for the next 5 months!! I am certain I have some new grey hairs over this.... I am not ashamed to say that I have twice offered the solution of quitting my job. DH isn't taking the bait.
**************

The last two nights LO has started to not only coo, but to coo, look into my eyes, touch my face and smile while I sing him to sleep. Sigh, who wouldn't give their whole world up to have that every night?

1 comment:

  1. So so sorry to hear that you lost your nanny. I hope and, better yet, pray that this lemon will turn out to be the raw material for lemonade!

    Love,
    DB

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.