It seems like a concept born out of day time TV, that having a baby would strengthen a relationship. Unfortunately I have known too many real people who have struggled with the decision of whether to have a baby or get a divorce. To me, that's one of the most ridiculous decisions a person could consider. Kind of like "should I get engaged or break up?", though I can imagine how that one might have some relevance, I guess. Don't be scared, DH and I are GREAT. My point is that I can't blame the theory on Springer. I digress.
What I'm trying to say is that it has amazed me just how much more I have fallen in love with DH over the way he loves LO. He seems to notice the little things more than I do. For instance, he loves the way LO coos after he sneezes. I love that he races home to see LO and can't wait to go get him when he wakes from a nap. I mentioned before that DH was sick over the holidays. In fact, he is still staying awake at night with a cough. We did our best to keep LO from getting sick which meant that DH didn't hold or love on him for over a week. On Christmas day, DH said he couldn't stand it any longer and came home with this:
It was so funny and sad at the same time! Several nights ago DH was working and called to check on us. He said all day long he had been picturing LO's face has makes during bath time. His eyes get big, he purses his lips and he starts kicking. It's adorable, but wasn't an image I carried with me until DH mentioned it. How fortunate am I to see two such great guys every day and to have them love each other? Thank you DH for pointing out the little things so I can savor them even more. I love you!
Man, that cute little face just makes me melt. I love that little guy! Hehe, I love DH too :)
ReplyDelete