Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

3 mo old LO

Today you are three months old! I heard a theory once that time passes more quickly when a person's days are routine and lack novelty. That clearly has not been the case for me in this last month. You have changed so very much, and lately are doing new things every few days, yet our time together continues to fly. (Maybe the old "having fun" adage is more true than the one about monotony!)
Your most striking change in the last month (and the one that has helped Mommy the most) is sleep related. You have slept through the night most nights since December 11th. Now experts define "through the night" as 6 hours for a LO your age, but you aren't having any of that nonsense! Nope, you skipped right to 8 to 10 hrs on all but a handful of nights in the last month. Wahoo! In fact, the nights that I consider not sleeping through are the ones where you wake up after 6 hrs. Ahhhh, I had no idea how sleep deprived I really was until I started getting some again. Your daytime sleep still needs some work. You have made progress. Instead of 20 min naps, you now sometimes take 45 min ones. Occasionally you even take a 2 hr one. On those days I simply don't know what to do with myself. Mommy would like more of those please.
While your sleepy nights have saved my sanity, you have other new skills that are more fun. Your coos have gotten more plentiful. They come in spurts. It seems that you keep them to yourself if there is a lot going on that you want to take in. Your Daddy is especially good at getting you started. Perhaps because he coos to you where I try to stick to grown up talk. Here's what I mean:


You've also gotten better at getting your hands to your mouth. You still love your cotton and often prefer it to your hand and certainly your paci. You've also started drooling a bit, so you can make quite a slobbery mess sometimes. I'm sure there's more where that came from and I can't wait for you to be able to share your slobbery-ness with kisses.
You have always loved to watch the ceiling fans and will often calm down if you notice one. When Grams saw that she was quite distressed that we had not gotten you a mobile. Of course she fixed that right away and you now love to watch that while in your crib. It plays music and has a remote so Mommy can turn it on and have a few extra minutes to get things together before getting you up in the morning. We won't tell Grams that you still watch the fan too!
Since you have started to eat a little less frequently and slightly more efficiently, we get to spend more time playing. You still love your Boppy gym and are working on getting your hands to the toys. Since you have better head control you can also sit more upright in your bouncy seat and play with those toys. You also like to snuggle with your stuffed giraffes of which you have two!
Sadly, you have started to outgrow some of your three month old clothes. Daddy and I regularly ask ourselves which outfit we want you to wear one last time in case you outgrow it before the next wash. We are excited for you to try your six month sized clothes, but many of them are short sleeved since you won't be that age until spring. Is it possible that you have nothing to wear even with a closet full of clothes? Mommy thought only she had that problem!
Daddy and I can't wait to see what other new things you can do in the next month. We love you so much.

4 comments:

  1. Happy 3 month birthday, LO!!!
    Love,
    April, Alan, Sam, and Buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my precious LO! Grams loves you and misses you terribly. I am glad you are enjoying your mobile (and your ceiling fans) :). I love the video...thanks DW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so handsome! I dug out Cooper's bright tacky mobile and put in on Sam's crib while I was there. I don't think Alan and April would have hung such a gawdy thing, but he sure did love it. LO is growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amy! We actually consulted April before we chose LO's mobile. She had commented on how much Cooper and Sam liked Cooper's mobile. She actually recommended we go with one like his rather than one that went with the nursery. Yes, it was hard to sacrifice the aesthetic, but was clearly the right choice.

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.