Saturday, December 12, 2009
Choosing Joy
Today has been a great day. This has been in part because of my patient and giving husband and in part because I chose to be joyful. Today my husband kicked me out of the house and told me he didn't care when I came back. Under different circumstances that might have been a horrible thing. If you know DH, then you know he meant that with a most generous and caring heart. He told me to put Christmas music on in the car, go shopping, see people, feel "Christmassy" and not to think about the time. Had he just said "why don't you go out?" I might have had a different experience. He didn't. Because he didn't, I felt I should comply with all of his suggestions. I have only left the house without LO two other times in the last 2 months and both times I felt the need (and desire) to hurry home. Today, I went out in the cold, rainy, weather to a shopping strip that I normally avoid like the plague this time of year. I thought it would be a harrowing experience. Instead I sang Christmas music at the top of my lungs, handed coupons out to fellow customers in line and said "Merry Christmas" at every opportunity. That made all the difference. In short, I chose to be joyful and was. I hope you can do the same this Christmas season. Thank you DH and LO for giving me the opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:D
ReplyDeleteThat's my son! I'm glad that you listened
ReplyDeleteto his request. Luv ya,toona
What a guy! We love you DH...and we are very glad that you married our daughter! Thank you for being so wonderful. And DW, I am glad that you did exactly as he said and had joy!
ReplyDeleteLove you all.
What a great gift you gave each other! DH for giving you the wonderful instructions and you, DW for following them to the letter! LO will grow up in a home filled with love. So happy for you three.
ReplyDelete