Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

2 month check up

We had LO's 2 month check up today at the pediatrician's. We are a couple of days shy of eight weeks, but that's ok. The big news is our little guy has grown WAY more than I realized. I expected him to be between 9 1/2 and 10 lbs today. Nope. LO is 11 lbs and 1 oz. He has grown 2 1/4 inches to be 23 1/2 inches long. That puts him at the 50% for weight and head circumference and about 80% for length. Who knows where he got his "height" from, but we're hoping he holds onto it. Apparently mama makes cream rather than milk! He also got his first round of vaccines today. This was way harder for me than I expected. I understand and believe in vaccines. I think I have a handle on them a little more than the average parent. Still it was hard not to cry when he got them. I know how important they are, but it's just so hard to hand your baby over for something that you know is going to be painful! The rest of our visit was fine. He is right on target for everything a 2 month old should do and be. (Of course, WE all know he's really exceptional, but we tried to be humble!)

1 comment:

  1. It is really reassuring to hear a pediatrician's take on parenthood. I always think our ped must think that I am the wimpiest mom, so I am glad to hear that vaccines were hard for you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.